Thursday, November 25, 2010

New Finds


I was doing some research today for K's birthday and gosh but kids birthday parties are ridiculous! I just discovered a whole new brand of blogs, dedicated purely to themed parties. I admit I was well-trained by my parents in exuberant kid's parties that took weeks to plan and execute, involved tons of food and hired entertainers (yes, I know, I know) but I am so psyched to plan a grassy backyard that can be used for exactly these soirees. What will we do if we don't actually have a child? Well, maybe my cousins will lend me their first-born *evil grin* to princess up or we'll adopt a party-hungry third-world baby. (Wanted: adoptive child, must like birthday cakes, bubble baths, wooden oak floors and staircases, rides in Jeep and somewhat smothering granparents)

I'm also pysched to discover that thanks to the glories of the internet, one can now outsource a lot of the cutie-fying, great Etsy websites like NickJR.com, Chickabug, W Hostess, Sweet and Saucy Supply and B.Nute that make and coordinate all manner of food toppers, gingham bunting and vintage print invitations. What we really need though, is a Walmart or Costco for cartons of sidewalk chalk, bubble blowers and cheap fabric.

Check out Sarah's Party Perfect, Imprintables, SmallChangeBigChanges blog for parties replete with favours, goodie bags, car race tracks, decorations, garden set-ups, costumes, basically, if you think you're OCD, this is a great cure to know that you're really not that far gone.

Here are some really cute ones, Tank Engines, Max the Superhero and Pirates and Princesses. I love the mix of theme And colour.






No comments: