

I had a friend say the other day that she could see I'd never left the wedding world. In fact, that's actually not true, it took awhile but I did wean myself off StyleMePretty and OnceWed and other consummate wedding blogs. But I do go back to them from time to time, the same way I breeze by Matchbook and 100 Layer Cake, it's nothing to do with weddings exactly, but just to keep your aesthetic sense going.
To know when the clutter, when to de-clutter, when to create and when to minimalise. To get ideas and to consolidate ideas- like these giant letters, I've been hung up on them for awhile but I love, love the kick of yellow in the dark brown hues. I love the wood surfaces and the fancy simplicity and intimacy of the dinner tables, so easy and effective to dress up. I want to try it for one of my dad or Z's birthdays.



I also love this Betsy Dunlap calligraphy, what an adorable idea and so well executed with these simple sheath flower girl outfits and ballet flats. For some reason, people usually put their flower girls in stiff, big flounce dresses, I guess mirroring the bride but I'm a big fan of complementing rather than overwhelming their small slim bodies by keeping it simple, young and just bordering on chic-pretty, with a chiffon bodice or sequinned detail hairband, or in this case the rosette belt, pearl bracelet and dainty hair flowers.
I also love the bunting, made out of sheared cloth, lace and gauze pennants. So unique, ethereal and wonderfully colour coordinated.
No comments:
Post a Comment