Tuesday, July 5, 2011

One of those days...


I just had a little blank-out moment today, where everything seemed so ugly, so parochial, that I just wanted to escape to a more beautiful, aesthetic world.




Thank God for the internet. While looking for macaron wrappings, I revisited SimpleSong here, to find that it has become a full-fledged letterpress store. I love her clean, simple aesthetic with a touch of vintage whimsy. I love her bold colours in red, mustard yellow, blush pinks with taupe linen strips and the solid blind imprint fonts.



On AiClay at here, I thought I was looking at pictures of macarons, only to be totally killed when I discovered she is one of Singapore's craftiest clay modellers. The range of baked goods that she models is delicious and mind-blowingly complex. If you think you're having a bad craft day, it must seem nothing to her.



At FromSoul on Etsy, I discovered Eunsil from South Korea, who retails packaging for macarons, hand-made kraft boxes and adorable egg cartons that gave me a thousand inspirations for new packaging.

At Food Republic here, David Leibovitz led me to another avocado pop recipe that whet my appetite to make avocado and gula meleka (warm sweet palm sugar) dessert popsicles.

At WhiskerGraphic's K(nots) and DivineTwine, I found these frayed k(nots) for $10, a generous spool of slightly damaged bakers twine for cheap. Perfect though, for wrapping baking boxes.

From Ribbons and Favors, a unique black toile kraft tissue paper, a really neat touch for packing up those baked goods.


And on Amazon, the best surprise ever. My favourite bakery in the world, Miette in the San Francisco Ferry Terminal, has published a cookbook. I want it!

No comments: