Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Stains and Paints




Amongst other things that we've had to do recently, is take a full stock inventory of items in the house, a full list of expenditures and furniture payments and a list of replacement particular, store details and paint colours. This is a great exercise.

If I had been more diligent, the shoe cabinet we ordered, would not have turned out in the Salak brown that wound up being more like the raw wood colour in the living room, then the maple coloured door frames in the house.

Other than the natural grain wood that we used on the dining table, the stains for the house are these two, the dark-grain expresso that is used in the study and master bedroom and the light-grain maple that is used in the lift lobby and spare bedroom.

The most important colours that we used were Gladiator (Yellow) on the living room walls, Chelsea (Cream) in the spare room, Waterway (Blue) in the master bedroom and Tulipwood (Taupe Brown) in the study. Although I love the comforting pale blue weave of the natural grasses used in the wallpaper and the beautiful Restoration Hardware seaglass blue colour in the bedroom, I'm already thinking about a more mature bedroom and I love the Bristol Biege colour featured above!

No comments: