Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Photography



I tried to think today of "useful photographic information", what does that mean? The good news is, I've put together a shotlist. I also think I have a fairly predictable sense of style. I like to read and write, I like photos that are contemplative. I took photography when I was a freshman and spent more time smelling darkroom chemicals then studying that term. Shaped by that experience, I still love, more than any other kind of photography, silver gelatin close-up portraits that show every lash. I don't like group photographs or lots of legs in photographs. I love crisp images, lines, eyes, little kids. I love bright reds, muted yellow, seafoam teal (the restoration hardware blue) and most shades of grey. I'm fairly modern, I don't like the 80s and I love clean textures like glass, light shades of woodgrain and white, khaki, dark navy cable-knit.

I found two photos, the one that started it all- the original photo was more close-up on her smile and the friend's hand rested on her hair and you can't see but underneath the lace skirt she had killer dark cobalt blue Louboutin pumps, and this new one that made me smile yesterday.

No comments: