








You wouldn't think, would you, that half a year after getting married, I would still be perusing wedding invitation cards? As a caveat, these are really all types of cards (and you know what a stationary junkie I am) from a website that I have watched grow from strength to strength. It's called Minted.com. They standardise and take away the fuss of designing invitations, while bringing you fresh designs.
Like Apple apps, they invite designs from independant designers and just about anyone through their 'design challenges', then hold public voting on the designs. This way, they keep their product looking fresh, they get great feedback on the sellability of the product and they have a lot of low-cost, high-margin designed product.
If I had one wedding-related crusade, I think it would be for Singaporean hotels to update their invitation cards or at least, offer couples a range of simple but modern and elegant designs. Singapore is a printing hub, you would be amazed at how cheap printing is here, yet, we have possibly the ugliest and the least imaginative wedding cards known to ... asian men. I know it's so-called tradition to receive a granulated maroon red carboard foldover with a large gold Xi embossed on the front but really, I fail to see why it's at all desirable. Like tea ceremonies and big, late banquets, I'm sure China will break with this custom before we do.
1 comment:
i'm loving this blog! so many great ideas. xoxo
Post a Comment