Monday, December 14, 2009

Cake photos, two days after






Brides are right about one thing, it is kind of a blur.

I would add another piece of advice and that is, pop a couple of Panadols in the morning of your big day- it Really helps and a little painkiller never hurt anyone. I'm due back in the office today but after the last couple days where I've had a fever (then had it break in a cold, cold sweat), the runs, a headache and a backache, I now have something incurable by more sleep. I have two feet full of blisters. I have, among others, a blister on my small toe on the left foot and a blister on my right foot, in between two toes. Now that the painkiller has worn off, it's so painful, I'm the hobbling-after-bride.

Luckily though, I had some friends take pictures, so I can see how things actually looked before the official photographers send their photos to me. This is the cake that E. baked, she wrote really eloquently on her site about how she and hubby-to-be drove madly to the White Rabbit with the aircon on full blast, praying that the buttercream would hold up. It held up beautifully!

I was especially impressed by how she fashioned the cake topper from the leftover flowers that we had from the bouquets, she made it look just like the picture inspiration! I cannot count the number of people who told me how amazing the cake was and how they wanted another slice, even days later, so the adventure wth buttercream was definitely worth it. There were slices upon slices of cake and guess what, I didn't get one. This proves you can have your cake but you can't eat it too...

No comments: