The funny thing is, a week away, who knows how you do feel? I feel, more than ever, that this is a labour of love. I feel more than ever, that I'm shouldering the weight of the Inquisition. (Excepting, my wonderful coordinators, who have done nothing but continually remove stress from my shoulders and rub them lovingly). I'm not sure I've ever wasted more time with dumb things.
I've had people piss me off to no end and I'm sure, done the same to other people. In other words, planning is not really as pretty as the vision. And sometimes after all your planning, people come back to your vision and say, oh, it's really nice. That incredibly pisses me off. I mean, what did you expect, friend?
So I guess the funny thing about planning, is that in the process, you realize who knows you really well and who really does not. In part because as the day approaches, I find my patience wearing thin so easily and exacerbated by the fact that you wind up having to assign people tasks within their capabilities or risk doing everything over.
That being said, who really cares eh? At the end of the day, as long as you have a good husband, someone who is unchangably reliable, well-meaning and loyal, I suppose the rest is, really, just for show.
But just because I really am all about the details, here are a couple of pictures, taken in incredibly bad lighting. Thank God Vicki and Tom will do a much better job over the next week. My mom picked up the flower girl dress (yay, Mom) and I scooted down to get a couple shots of the table numbers, the favours, the table layout, so that I could give it to my long-suffering coordinators.
No comments:
Post a Comment