Friday, June 27, 2008

The making of a book or blog




Part of the reason for starting this blog was to update some of the friends and family who've been asking about the development of the place and to share the sometime tumulteous, sometimes tedious but always terrific journey through Singapore's residential property and outfit underbelly.



The other reason, I must admit, was to record all the different aspects of the place, so that I could clear my many tabulated folders and finally throw out all the ear-marked design, furniture and architectural magazines!

While going through this process, I think I've agglomerated entire databases of property agents references, showflat materials, furniture, carpentry and design store contacts, paint and tooling charts. I can't wait to use them again to create different looks for new projects!




This blog is, I suppose, a version of a professional book I was planning to make for Z for Christmas, for all his effort in our process of trying to create and enjoying creating, a home.

I hadn't an intention to do it but was, I must admit, completely seduced by the experience of putting together a professional photo book using Blurb.com for my housemate's wedding. I guess agglomerating all the stories, photos and items on the blog would be a good way to start. I hope you enjoy this read too!

No comments: