Monday, June 30, 2008

Orb Audio Speakers






Z's absolute pride-find, I think I will get the baby speaker set to surprise him since he's so happy to have found them and has all these ideas about where to put them in the house and the kitchen.

Unfortunately not much of a surprise as he realized I had tracked them down online. He says I'm a menace at the computer.

This company Orb Audio makes their Mod1 and Mod2 satellites are manufactured in the United States by craftspeople with years of experience in electronics assembly. Their claim is to be made for performance as guaranteed by a boutique employee-owned company that can pay attention to detail and manufacture smaller batches of handmade speaker systems each month, than an office space eating, advertising, corporate junky that has to mass produce tens of thousands of speakers a month.

Their speakers are all hand-made and come in neat copper and steel finishes, along with the regular patent white and black. Customer service is taken care of by every single employee of the company, from the designer-engineers and president downward. Z says it is a big deal that all the different audio guides and magazines have given glowing reviews of the product and there is not a single one of their product for resale on Ebay. I must say the company has a sense of humour, their speaker stands are called HOSS. Hunk of Solid Steel.

No comments: