Friday, July 18, 2008

Bay Window Seat Cushions


I had to take the pillowcases to be resized today. They are a beautiful robin egg blue but they were in an American King size and I think we only have standard size pillows.


American King is huge! It's almost as long as a body pillow. The alteration lady thought they were skirts. That disturbed me a little, I wound up taking it down a few shops to the regular alteration lady I used and she was a lot cheaper anyway.


There will be a lot of material left over and it is a thick 100 thread count sateen cotten, so I thought, hmm, maybe I could wrap them around cord, make them into piping and use them for cushions from Harlequin's Arboreta fabric collection that would match the wallpaper.


We'll see if it materialises! They would be pretty. I wound up having to check the wallpaper and change the wall colours today. I went down to see the apartment and turns out the blue was somehow a powder blue (not even a baby pale blue) that, once it was on the wall, seemed to match neither the wallpaper nor the bedsheets.


Was debating between deciding to like it and changing it (the painters had only done one coat, thankfully). Let's hope the new colour works out better.

2 comments:

Zhan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zhan said...

Baby.. the pillows are beautiful.. kiss:D