Sunday, July 6, 2008

Update July 2008

Am so incredibly sleepy. The place is coming along, though not without I guess the inevitable hiccup. The good: the timber decking and electrical work is in and apparently this week, so will the parquet flooring, mosiac tiling and false ceiling. Ho hum..I've heard that tune before!

On the especially good news, Z was incredibly happy that the SCV (cable) point can be moved to the study-side of the bedroom. He imagines watching TV while he works, I suppose. You should have seen his face light up when the contractor asked if we wanted additional power points and "the SCV point", worse then a little boy at Christmas, I haven't seen such a pleased-as-the-cat-who-got-the-cream look for a Long Time. I had to look out the window while the contractor said about how moving the cable point would require hacking it into the wall and then pulling it out at the opposite side of the room (eek). Z of course, readily agreed.

The bad: after shopping with our contractor for lights, I realized that the invoice came up to $50 per down light and $55 per halogen light. We are going to some other shops in Balestier today, after popping by another one proved that downlights average $13-18. Hopefully our delay on buying the lights doesn't affect the installation of the lights in the newly built false ceiling.

The nuetral: we saw the chinese chest again, it's very bright yellow, brighter than I remembered. It's also twice as expensive as the second (white-grey) chest that we saw at Mu Dan. I am now worried about our sofa colours and that they are too bi-coloured. Perhaps I should have gone with a more solid colour.

I just discovered this site that has Google Sketch pictures, how cool. The apartment has a pool table apparently. That's what you can get if you choose to live in Sengkang. A huge square footage but apparently, no less in renovation and furniture costs, this guy spent a mint on some awfully falala red patterned wallpaper and Miss K flos lamp!


No comments: