
You would not imagine that coordinating the furniture and wood decking colours would be so much trouble but we were a bit ambitious in the study and masterbedroom. Right now they are one large room, but seperated with a partial wall in between.

In order to keep the continuity in the room (and a contrast from the rooms outside), I wanted the rooms to have darker coloured wood, with pale blue walls. If we were just buying furniture all from one place, this would not be a problem. However, we had arranged for both the contractor J. and Leslie, from the furniture store WODD, to work on two seperate components of the study, the study table and book shelving and the wall-to-wall wardrobe. Meanwhile, our bed was being made in Indonesia by the furniture order company.

This in turn meant that all the parts had to match in wood stain, as did the timber decking on the planter outside the master bedroom/study. This was especially important becuase the floor is already a light beech, so I really didn't want a jarring mix of many uncoordinated wood tones across the room. Fortunately, I managed to find pretty reliable and consistent online samples of wood stains from all the major US homeware chains, like Crate and Barrel, Restoration Hardware and Room and Board.

What I found also, was that predictbly, our colour scheme is the same as Restoration Hardware. I've always been in love with teal blue and dark expresso brown, glass and chrome. What can I say.
No comments:
Post a Comment