Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More Hanging Lights


I am such a light floozie. I might be the only person I know capable of buying a hanging light before having a place or home. Certainly, that's like buying petrol before you have a car, earrings before you have pierced ears. A tennis bag before you can play. This is the light that I wanted to get for the bedrooms. It's the Frisbi light by Archille Castiglioni for Flos.


The light was designed in 1978 so it's a 30 year old design but it has a timeless simplicity about it. It's made of black polished nickel, 28.7 inches in height, 23.6 inches in width. It was on a deep discount in Singapore at about 1/3rd the retail price of $780 in the US and it was only slightly more expensive than the common rattan or square drop glass hanging lights in Balestier.


Then I saw this light by Kevin Patrick MacCarthy, a light designer in New York and thought, oh, hello! It's rather beautiful isn't it? Despite having economised myself and bought a black spotlight track for the spare bedroom (cheap, effective and good for paitings), I thought, well, perhaps I could have this in there!

No comments: